Drill Deep Enough To Strike Oil
Drill Deep Enough to Strike Oil
I’m not ashamed to admit it. I am hooked on silly soap-opera television programs like “Dallas” and “Desperate Housewives”.
Take Dallas (please). The oil barons of Southfork Ranch (in Dallas, TX of course) drill deep to strike oil. You can do the same to strike oil with your idea. Just keep asking yourself, “And this means / does / requires / results in what?” Ask yourself the same question at least five times – once to each answer you give. By the fifth answer you most-likely will strike the richness of your idea.
For example, let’s use the idea of adding a home-delivery service to your gift bag business.
(1) Ask yourself, “And this idea means more information what?” Answer: It means convenience to the customer, yet added costs to my business.
(2) Ask yourself, “And this idea means what?” Answer: It means a happier customer who is possibly pleasantly surprised at the service, yet I will have to charge a little more to absorb the added costs. (And I need to determine what those added costs are.)
(3) Ask yourself, “And this idea means what?” Answer: It means only a customer of a certain income bracket will take advantage of this service so I must target that type of customer super mario run hack tool with my marketing the new service.
(4) Ask yourself, “And this idea means what?” Answer: It means I have to get help with creating an awareness campaign because supercell clash of clans hack I have no idea how to message such an offering.
(5) Ask yourself, “And this idea means what?” Answer: It means I can distinguish my business as a higher-end servicer, charge more, and reap a higher profit margin if I get the right help with laying this out completely. It’s do-able, could expose my business to a different market, and I’m excited!!!
Dig deep to strike oil with your idea. You might find it leads you to richer territory.